The Online Programs — UH Extend engineering programs are designed to serve the needs of a broad range of students, including recent graduates as well as mid-career engineering and technical professionals who are seeking the high-quality graduate education and credentials that the Cullen College is known for.
All the degree and certificate programs under the Online Programs — UH Extend umbrella are designed to be completed from start to finish in a fully online format. All courses are taught online only, and there is no requirement for any on-campus or face-to-face components.
- All of the Online Programs — UH Extend Master’s and Certificate programs consist of the same rigorous curriculum and coursework as traditional face-to-face programs at UH, and are taught by the same faculty. The only difference is in the mode of instruction, which is fully online.
- Competitive and cost-effective tuition. All the available engineering programs under Online Programs — UH Extend have a tuition of $745 per credit-hour, with no additional fees.
total cost for 30 credit-hour engineering Master’s degree under Online Programs — UH Extend
total cost for a 9-hour graduate Certificate program
Who Should Apply
Admission requirements vary by program. Most programs require:
- Math background consisting of three semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- College-level Chemistry and Physics
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
While a background in a related engineering area is preferred, students in broader STEM fields are welcome to apply and may be offered a provisional admission consisting of a select group of leveling and introductory Master’s courses.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
- Transcripts of all prior college education
- A summary of professional and relevant experience
- A supporting letter from your current employer is recommended
- GRE requirements vary by program. Please see the individual program requirements. TOEFL or IELTS is required for international students only.
Fall semester admission deadline: July 1
Spring semester admission deadline: December 1
Summer semester admission deadline: May 1 (not all programs have a summer admission option)
Those interested in applying should request more information here.
Please note, application deadlines may vary by program. For the most up to date admissions deadlines, please click here.
What Degrees Are Offered Through Online Programs — UH Extend?
12 Master’s degree programs and 8 graduate-level certificate programs are available through Online Programs — UH Extend. Undergraduate degree programs are not offered at this time.
Graduate Degree Programs:
- Online MS in Biomedical Engineering
- Online Master of Chemical Engineering
- Online MS in Civil Engineering
- Online Master of Computer and Systems Engineering
- Online MS in Electrical Engineering
- Online MS in Engineering Management
- Online MS in Industrial Engineering
- Online Master of Mechanical Engineering
- Online MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Online MS in Petroleum Engineering
- Online MS in Subsea Engineering
Graduate Certificate Programs:
- Online Certificate in Fundamentals of Petroleum Engineering
- Online Certificate in Global Climate, Energy and Environment
- Online Certificate in Process Safety Engineering
- Online Certificate in Subsea Engineering
- Online Certificate in Advanced Subsea Engineering
- Online Certificate in Unconventional Energy Sources